(Click on a title to see the description. Scroll down to see all lecture titles.)
Methods of Genealogical Research
- Research Methodologies. How to Plan Your Research.
- How Do I Get Started With MY Genealogy The Right Way?
- How to Evaluate Genealogical Information. Which Record is Correct?
- Now That I Found It, How Do I Organize It?
- Finding an Immigrant's Place of Origin
- How Can I Become a Better Genealogist?
- Genealogical Research at the Minnesota Historical Society.
- Learning by Example. Case studies using indirect evidence.
- Have a Great Trip! Planning the Before, During and After of Your Research Trip.
- Getting Started With Your Irish Genealogy.
- Irish Genealogy on The Internet
- Irish Estate Records
- Irish Places and Jurisdictions
- What Are The Key Books for An Irish Genealogy Library?
- Doing Scottish Research From Here. Using the Internet and the Family History Library to Find Your Scottish Ancestors.
- Scottish Genealogy on The Internet
- Digging Deepter into Scottish Records
Records and Sources
- Get Full Value from U.S. Census Records
- Church and Vital Records - the bedrock of genealogy
- Start At The End! Death: A Record Rich Event.
- Finding Ancestors in Land and Tax Records.
- Researching Records of Government Transfer of Land to Individuals:
- Finding and Using Private Land Transactions and Tax Records:
- Are Your Ancestors in Minnesota Land Records?
- Becoming An American: Naturalization – The Process, The Law and The Records
- What Did Your Ancestor Do in the War? Using Military Records for Genealogical Research
- Did Your Ancestors Have Their Day in Court? Research Court Records.
- What Happened to Your Ancestor’s Estate? Look to Probates and Wills for Many Clues to Relationships and Family History.
- Genealogy and The Law - What was it when and where Your Ancestors Lived?
Technology and the Internet
- Image Management for Genealogists
- Scanning for Genealogists
- Getting the Most out of the FamilySearch Website
- How Can I Be Better at Using the Internet for My Genealogy?
- Finding Books and Manuscripts Online.- NUCMC, ~WorldCat, ~MNLink – Oh My!
- ScreenShot Captor - An Excellent, Free Tool for Capturing Anything on Your Computer Screen
- Downloading, Organizing and Using Online Images of Record